We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This notice sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect will be processed by us. Please read this Privacy Notice carefully to understand our views and practices and your rights regarding your personal data. By visiting any of our websites (our sites) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this notice.
For the purpose of data protection legislation, the data controller is PDLC Tech Ltd, Office F1, Tanfield Lea Business Centre, Stanley, DH99DB, UK.
For any questions regarding our privacy notice please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What information do we collect from you?
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by chat, email or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, company name, company registration number, VAT number and financial information. Please let us know if any of this information changes so we can keep our records up to date.
- Information we collect from your use of our site. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information: technical information, such as the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, whereabouts you connected to our service, your internet service provider (ISP), and what type of device you are using to access our service.
- Information we collect from your connected sales channels.
- From Amazon we collect data from the following reports:
Settlement Report - data fields: settlement-id, settlement-start-date, settlement-end-date, total-amount, currency, transaction-type, order-id, marketplace-name, amount-type, amount-description, amount, posted-date-time, sku, quantity-purchased.
VAT Transaction Report - data fields: TRANSACTION_EVENT_ID, TAX_CALCULATION_DATE, SALE_DEPART_COUNTRY, SALE_ARRIVAL_COUNTRY, TAX_COLLECTION_RESPONSIBILITY.
VAT Calculation Report - data fields: Order ID, Tax Calculation Date, Tax Collection Responsibility, Ship From Country, Ship To Country.
Month End Inventory Report - data fields: month, sku, product-name, end-quantity, detailed-disposition.
All Amazon Information is collected using our approved application connection via Amazon Marketplace Web Services (MWS) and is collected, processed, stored, used, shared, and disposed of in accordance with the Amazon Data Protection Policy.
- From eBay we collect data from the following reports:
For the purposes of clarity sales channel data from Amazon and eBay is not shared with any 3rd party as set out in the "Who might we share your information with?" section below.
Why do we collect this information?
Information you give us is used for the following purposes:
- to create your Link My Books account;
- to generate invoices which can be sent to you by email or downloaded within your billing area;
- to send you stats regarding your account;
- to provide you with marketing communications including, with your permission, information about when your free trial ends or when you need to upgrade your plan.
Information we collect from your use of our site is used for the following purposes:
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
How long do we keep hold of your information?
We will keep information about you for a maximum of 90 days after the end of our relationship with you unless obligations to our regulators require otherwise or we are required to remove such data from our records. You can see more detail on how we retain data in our Data Retention policy.
Who might we share your information with?
You agree that for the purposes set out in the ‘Why do we collect this information?’ section above, we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Link My Books staff and sub-contractors - for the purposes of customer support and service implementation/improvement;
- Service providers such as:
Stripe - our payment processor;
SendGrid – our email autoresponder;
Google Cloud – our hosting provider;
Intercom & User– our customer support chat and in app messaging tools;
FirstPromoter – our referral tracking provider;
Google Analytics, Google Optimize, Amplitude, – our analytics tools that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
Proof - our social proof plugin showing recent site engagement
Additionally, we will disclose your personal information to the relevant third party:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If we are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
How is your data stored and kept secure?
We take your safety and security very seriously and we are committed to protecting your personal and financial information. All information kept by us is stored on Google Cloud secure servers.
We transfer personal data outside the EEA to the USA, but only where those organisations have signed up to Privacy Shield or have other adequate safeguards in place such as an adequacy decision by the European Commission, standard data protection clauses or binding corporate rules.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
What are your rights?
Where processing of your personal data is based on consent, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
You have the following rights that you can exercise at any time by contacting us at the address above or through the “Contact Us” section of our Sites. You have the right:
- to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes;
- to ask us not to process your personal data where it is processed on the basis of legitimate interests provided that there are no compelling reasons for that processing;
- to ask us not to process your personal data for scientific or historical research purposes, where relevant, unless the processing is necessary in the public interest.
- to request from us access to personal information held about you;
- to ask for the information we hold about you to be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- to ask for data to be erased provided that the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, you withdraw consent (if the legal basis for processing is consent), you exercise your right to object, set out below, and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for processing, the data is unlawfully processed, the data needs to be erased to comply with a legal obligation or the data is children’s data and was collected in relation to an offer of information society services;
- to ask for the processing of that information to be restricted if the accuracy of that data is contested, the processing is unlawful, the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, or you exercise your right to object (pending verification of whether there are legitimate grounds for processing);
Should you have any issues, concerns or problems in relation to your data, or wish to notify us of data which is inaccurate, please open a new conversation with us via the blue icon at the bottom right of most screens.
In the event that you are not satisfied with our processing of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority at any time.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
This notice may be updated from time to time. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy notice.